If you want to take a peek into my space and a quick walk-through of the products I use, watch the video below or over on my YouTube channel. I've also linked to the products at the bottom of this post.
I also wanted to share a few random tips/facts about making these videos, so here you go...
- You don't need anything too fancy to get started. I use my iPhone to film my videos and a very inexpensive gooseneck clamp to hold it. Windows Movie Maker and iMovie are free video editing softwares that work great! Again, I've linked to the tools that I use below.
- Have good lighting. I will admit that I am still unhappy with my lighting situation, but it's much better than what I started with. If you are able to, use natural light. If not, get some good lamps with natural light bulbs. I use Ott Lites.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to make these videos. I think it's worth it. Now that I've been doing this for a year, I've got it down to a science. It still takes time. Let me break it down for you.
- 1 hour: Making the layout
- 10 minutes: Taking photos of the layout
- 20 minutes: Editing photos of the layout
- 10 minutes: Transferring the videos from my phone to my computer
- 30 minutes: Editing the video (This could take more or less time, depending on how much editing I do. If I'm just speeding up the clips, adding my photos to the end, and doing a voiceover, I can do it in about 20-25 minutes.)
- 30 minutes-1 hour: Uploading the video to YouTube (Again, this can take more or less time depending on the internet connection speed and how long the video is)
So you can see that it takes roughly 2 1/2 hours from start to finish and that is with a lot of
experience. If you batch process, you can seriously cut this time down. What I mean is, if you
have 3 layouts for the week, create all of the layouts, photograph all of the layouts, then edit all
of the layouts, etc. It cuts down overall processing time.
- Be yourself. People love connecting with other like-minded people. I love seeing a little personality in my favorite YouTubers. But, you also need to...
- Provide valuable content. Think about what you have to offer. Are you a great teacher? Are you a great designer? Do you have a passion and enthusiasm for creating? Are you the funny one? What makes your videos something that people want to watch? Find that. Do that. It is what keeps people coming back. And just so you know, entertainment is most definitely value.
- There is an awesome community here to support you. We got your back! When I first started doing videos, I was part of the nicolejones911 Facebook group and everyone there was very encouraging and helpful about making videos and giving me feedback. I really appreciated it. Which leads me to my final thought...
- No one expects you to be a pro right from the start. So don't expect if of yourself. Allow yourself to be a beginner. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
I hope that these tips and this video has been helpful to you. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment below. And if you don't already, I strongly encourage you to join some scrappy Facebook groups. You can get immediate feedback and create friendships. I mentioned the nicolejones911 Facebook group, but these are also great: Scrap Gals Community, faith hope washi, Victoria Marie FB Group, Scrapaholics Anonymous.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Thank you Jen for posting this! I love watching your videos and this is a big help, hopefully I'll have my 1st video posted soon.ReplyDelete
Android Final Year Project Ideas for Computer Science
FInal Year Project Centers in Chennai
Java Training in Chennai
Thank you for sharing this! I'm hoping to start my own YT channel before the end of the year and this will help me so much :)ReplyDelete
Thank you again Jen - this is really helpful!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the helpful tips here too, I just came from your YouTube video. The encouraging advice is so true! Though I have been making videos for awhile, I still have a ton of room for improvement as far as lighting, sound quality, and trying to show my personality! Your videos are just amazing and I think your lighting is great as it is 😊ReplyDelete
Me and you realize that Marketing with video has become the best resources to advertise services, however, there is a challenge: many of us are tired of those slideshow movies.prompterReplyDelete
Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on.ReplyDelete
These individuals are more comfortable before the cam to act normally and convincingly, be that as it may they ought to in like manner uncover enthusiasm about the brand and friends item and administrations to be advanced through the video. video production cost calculator londonReplyDelete
Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject.
Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much. Emus4UReplyDelete
i really like this article please keep it up. TweakBoxReplyDelete
decent bLog! its fascinating. much obliged to you for sharing.... iOS 11.2.2 JailbreakReplyDelete
I am consistently stunned by the measure of data accessible on this subject. What you displayed was all around looked into and eloquent with a specific end goal to get your stand on this crosswise over to every one of your perusers. AirShou Screen RecorderReplyDelete
Business owners today are constantly challenged with ways to stay in front of their target audience and I experience the same thing with my own business. Facebook makes it easy for us to reach our audience right where they are hanging out. Together with YouTube, Facebook is one of the most effective platforms for your video marketing campaigns. video marketingReplyDelete
I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. editing softwareReplyDelete
New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. internetReplyDelete
Screen Recorder hasn't been much easier earlier. This we have a strongest display recording tool that's completely free, safe & saturated in options which aids one to recapture displays readily. Screen Recorder app contains ton of capabilities such as; display screen recording, sharing and editing.ReplyDelete
They will be able to produce videos at a faster rate. Amateur video editors often work independently, and must rely on their own software skills and creativity.ReplyDelete
how to edit video
It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! Fort Lauderdale Video ProductionsReplyDelete
I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. hip hop video promotionReplyDelete
This is an awesome post.Really very informative and creative contents.ReplyDelete
video production company in chennai
Thanks for sharingReplyDelete
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients